In April 2013, the government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education and sport across all state funded schools. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
At Brandling, the P.E subject leader, head teacher and staff have worked hard to make sure we are using the funding effectively. So far, we have:
• Invested in our School Sports Partnership by upgrading to Platinum cover. This allows more access to resources, sports and competitions.
• Updated website to reflect additional sporting opportunities
• Paid for transport to get children to and from tournaments and competitions.
• Paid for additional sports coaches in school for after school clubs to target children who don’t access sport.
•Providing opportunities for all children to participate in a local sports festival.
•Employing specialist teachers to deliver quality after school sessions to non-participants throughout the year.
•Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
• Providing cover to release teachers and teaching assistants for professional development in PE and sport.
•Fund release time and resourcing to develop leadership, subject profile of P.E. and further develop assessment opportunities to contribute to pupils’ achievement.
Click here to download our Sports Premium document and find out how it has been used in our school.
Academic Year 2016-2017
In 2016 to 2017, we will continue to invest in improving sporting opportunities for all children by investing in the areas identified above. Here is a copy of our Action Plan which includes a budget account of how we will spend the grant.