We have a vacancy for a parent governor if you are interested please ask at the office.
Family Support Worker
The Governors of Brandling Primary School are looking for seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced family support worker who can help the school to meet the needs of our community. This post is required as soon as possible.
Brandling Primary school is an Outstanding school where everyone is supported to reach their full potential, enjoy their learning and develop the skills they need to be successful in their life. In May 2016 Ofsted judged us to be Outstanding in all areas.
The suitable candidate will provide support for families experiencing challenging situations. The role involves identifying indicators of potential family/pupil need for support, monitoring attendance, parenting support, record keeping, facilitating group parenting delivery, report writing, researching opportunities and information sharing.
Experience of having previously worked in this role would be advantageous. A key aspect of the role is supporting the school with the Common Assessment Framework process including authorising the CAF and setting up the Team Around the Family.
The successful candidate will need to have:
* Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
* The ability to communicate effectively with pupils, parents, external agencies and other staff
* A strong understanding of how to help pupils and families cope during challenging circumstances
* Excellent knowledge of childcare and child protection legislation.
* IT literate
* Have excellent record keeping skills
* You will need to have a Level 3 qualification
* Experience in parenting support work.
* Experience of working in the local community would be advantageous.
* Experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
Brandling Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils.If successful you will need to apply for an enhanced disclosure.This post may require a declaration under the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009, including Disqualification by Association.
If you are interested in applying for this post you will need to complete an application form and letter of application.
Pre-application visits to school are welcome, please telephone the school office on 0191 4334079.
Please apply using the attachments below. You can also apply online at www.gateshead.gov.uk on 0191 4334079 or by email: