Family Support Worker
Amanda Langdon is our Family Support Worker, starting in 2017, she has become an invaluable member of the Brandling team.
Amanda is ELSA (Emotional Literacy for Support Assistants) and Drawing and Talking trained and works one to one with a variety of children to support them emotionally.
My role is to provide support for the children who attend this school as well as supporting their families with advice and information concerning school or home life. I can help you with any worries you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour and well-being and I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it.
What does a Child and Family Support Worker do?
I can offer impartial support, advice and guidance to parents/carers.
Advice and support is confidential, although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance to the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
I may not have all the answers, but hopefully we can work together to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- Promoting good attendance and punctuality
-Promoting self-esteem and confidence
- Promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- Providing personal, social and emotional support to children
Support for families includes:
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- Attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- Liaising with a range of external services
- Providing information to services available in the local area
Where to find me!
I will be available for informal chats every morning and after school.
If you have a more sensitive matter you wish to discuss, you can contact me via the school office to make an appointment.
Please feel free to come up and say hello!