Equality and Accessibility
Equality Statement – Equality Information and Objectives
Our School Commitment:
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
Our school embraces the aim of working together with others to improve children’s educational and wellbeing outcomes, and notes the rights set out in the United Nation Convention on the Rights of the Child.
At Brandling Primary School we aim to:
- To eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- To promote equality of access and opportunity within our school and within our wider community.
- To promote positive attitudes to difference and good relationships between people with different backgrounds, genders, cultures, faiths abilities and ethnic origins.
As part of this we will:
- Outline how we have due regard for equality and how we promote community cohesion
- Publish equality objectives to show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities and improve what we do
Please see our Equality Policy which details how we will achieve our Equality Objectives by clicking on the links below.
For more information please contact:
Mrs A Clennell (Head Teacher with responsibility for equality issues)
Tel: 0191 4334079